guide wire (gīd′wī″ĕr)
A device used to enter tight spaces, e.g., obstructed area or channels. Guidewires vary in size, length, stiffness, composition, and shape of the tip. A wire or spring used as a guide for placement of a larger device.
Spiros Medical currently manufactures these types of guidewires:
- Standard, Fixed Core and Special Products.
- .014″ through .150″ in diameter
- Lengths up to 510 cm
- Flexible Tips
- 3 cm to 4 cm with smooth transition to full body stiffness standard. (Special tips also available.)
- J Tips (3 mm J standard, also available 1 mm through 15 mm)
- Depth Marks / Laser Marks
- Standard and Custom available
- 304 V stainless steel, nitinol and a variety of other materials available
- PTFE Coatings